Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help Desk Service Alerts
- Blackboard will be unavailable for annual upgrade December 27, 28, 2018
The annual Blackboard upgrade is scheduled to begin on Thursday, December 27 at 6:00 AM and to be completed by close of business on Friday, December 28, 2018. Please note Blackboard will be unavailable during this maintenance. For more information, please contact your campus Blackboard Support representative.
Faculty may download assignments and grades from their courses should they need access to that information while Blackboard is unavailable. Please visit the following resources for more information:
- Download Assignments: https://bit.ly/2MXDlph
- Work Offline with Grade Data: https://bit.ly/2QfseZZ
- How to Download and Upload Grades from the Grade Center: https://youtu.be/Ex-m0HUSzmA
CIS Security will be upgrading the McAfee Suite December 13, 2018 through March 1, 2019
During the period of December 13th, 2018 through March 1st , 2019 (9am to 5pm) CIS Security will be upgrading the McAfee Suite on all user's workstations at Albany, ISLG, UAPC, 43rd St, 31st St, 41st St, 42nd St, 57th St, Hudson St, and Court St. Some users might experience minor delays in loading of applications or retrieving mail during the installation.
As part of the upgrade process a reboot of the system will be required.
Please close all applications and log off each night during this maintenance period.
Since CIS is performing this maintenance for specific locations throughout the maintenance window. A reminder maintenance will be sent to the scheduled location prior to their maintenance.
Updated 12/17/2018 11:18AM
News and Updates
- Skip the lines! Web Printing availiable from on- and off-campus
- Office 2016 Upgrades for Faculty and Staff - March 29, 2018
- VPN Software Upgrade - March 8, 2017
- Textbook Reporting System
- Campus WiFi Coverage Areas
- Blackboard Support
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
- Faculty/Staff Password requirements - myPassword
- Protect Your Computer! Download a FREE Copy of McAfee VirusScan
- Policy on P2P File Sharing (e.g., BitTorrent & LimeWire)
- Guest Access to Baruch College Network
- Policy on Installation of Wireless Access Points
- Using Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites
- Security Awareness Program