Disability Services

Conflict Resolution

We are committed to working collaboratively with students and the campus community to provide access to all students registered with Student Disability Services.

Every effort is made to ensure that students with disabilities are provided with appropriate accommodations, which are determined on a case-by-case basis.

In the event that a student is unhappy with Student Disability Services, s/he should:

  • Make an appointment with the Director to discuss the situation
  • If, after that meeting, the issue is still unresolved, the student should then make an appointment with the Associate Dean of Student Affairs
  • If the student and the Dean are unable to come to a resolution, a meeting should be arranged with the Vice President of Student Affairs
  • If the problem still cannot be resolved and the question concerns access and accommodations, then the student should make a formal written request to Baruch’s Office of Diversity, Compliance, and Equity Initiatives 
  • In the event that the problem cannot be resolved after all steps have been taken, a formal complaint can be filed with the Office of Civil Rights

A Grievance relating to either reasonable accommodations or a Baruch program, service, or activity that is not accessible to persons with disabilities should be filed with the Office of Diversity, Compliance, and Equity Initiatives, Baruch College, One Bernard Baruch Way, Box C204, NY, New York 10010.

We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action College with the City University of New York (CUNY) that encourages campus diversity.