Disability Services


Students may inform their instructors of their accommodations by sharing their Student Accommodation Card with their instructor. The card has their photo, their first name, their empl, and their accommodations listed on it.  Students who prefer an accommodation letter will share the letter with their instructor.  It is the responsibility of the student to request accommodations.

Should contain a statement such as this: “It is college policy to provide Accommodations and Academic Adjustments to students with disabilities. Any student who has a disability who may need accommodations in this class should register as early as possible with Student Disability Services which is located in VC2-272.  All discussions will remain confidential. 646-312-4590.”

Exams – If a student is registered with Student Disability Services, and has extended time for an exam which cannot be accommodated in the classroom, the student should provide the professor with a blank proctor request form for the professor to complete. The student then submits this completed Exam Proctoring Form to SDS VC2-272 FIVE days prior to the exam.  Evening and weekend students should discuss with their instructor an alternate time to take the exam at this office Monday – Friday, and professors should indicate the alternate time on the form.

On receipt of this Exam Proctoring Form from the student, we email the professor to confirm exam details and ask that the exam be emailed to disability.services@baruch.cuny.edu or hand delivered to VC2-272.

When the student finishes the exam, we scan it and email to the professor.  Please, DO NOT email  exams to any email address other than disability.services@baruch.cuny.edu  

Assistive Technology – Some students may use recorders, FM Units, Tablets, or other devices in your class as an accommodation. These devices are loaned to the student for the semester.  The Accommodation Card will state what the specific accommodation is. Students who register meet with an Assistive Technology counselor who explores the use of AT with the student.

Requests for Sign Language Interpreters, Laboratory assistants, or Auxiliary classroom aids should be made by the student well in advance of the beginning of each semester to ensure we have time to review and approve the request, and schedule services.

Questions – If you have any questions about accommodations, exams, or anything related to disability or accessibility, please visit us or call. We would be happy to speak with you.